Interested Africans are currently invited from to apply for the University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship 2023/24 to Study in UK. The Africa scholarship programme is for African students who wish to further their degree to Masters level in UK and wish to choose the university as their study destination.
The University of Essex, a top-ranking research university in the United Kingdom, is offering the Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship for the 2023/24 academic year. The scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance to African students who wish to pursue a Masters degree at the University of Essex.
The University of Essex is known for its academic excellence and world-class research facilities. It has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusivity, making it an ideal destination for African students seeking to further their education in the UK. The scholarship programme is open to students from all African countries and is aimed at supporting their academic and professional goals.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be African nationals and possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized institution. They must also meet the University of Essex’s academic requirements for their chosen course of study. Applicants must demonstrate financial need and provide proof of their ability to cover the remaining costs of their studies, such as tuition fees, accommodation, and living expenses.
The scholarship covers tuition fees for the duration of the programme, as well as a stipend to cover living expenses. It also includes a contribution towards travel costs to and from the UK. Successful applicants will also have access to a range of support services, including academic mentoring and career guidance.
The University of Essex offers a wide range of Masters programmes across various disciplines, including social sciences, humanities, science and engineering, law, and business. Students will have the opportunity to work with world-renowned academics and researchers, gaining valuable knowledge and skills that will enhance their professional prospects.
Applicants are encouraged to research the University of Essex and its Masters programmes to find the best fit for their interests and career goals. They should also carefully review the scholarship application guidelines and submit all required documents by the deadline.
In conclusion, the University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship is an excellent opportunity for African students to pursue their Masters degree in the UK. With its academic excellence, commitment to diversity, and supportive environment, the University of Essex is a top choice for African students seeking to advance their education and career prospects. Interested applicants should take advantage of this opportunity and apply before the deadline.
If you’re an international student from an African nation and are self-funding your postgraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship of £4,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Essex, UK.
Scholarship Type: Full Masters Scholarships
Host Institution(s): University of Essex, UK.
Number of Awards: Several
Study level: Masters Degree Studies
Scholarship Worth: $4,000.
Nationality: African Students
Eligibility Criteria | Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship 2023
You must meet all of the following conditions to be considered for the University of Essex Scholarships for Africans;
- ◼ These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely selffunded*.
- ◼ Students must be ordinarily resident (see below for the definition of ordinary residence) in a member state of the African Union.
- ◼ These scholarships may be awarded to applicants who have completed relevant school or university studies in one of the specified countries above.
- ◼ Applicants must have been awarded an undergraduate degree (this includes integrated Masters degrees) with the grade specified or above. A higher Masters grade cannot be taken to compensate for a lower Bachelors grade;
- ◼ Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters courses leading to MA, MSc, MRES and LLM degree and start in October 2023 and January 2024.
- ◼ Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 14 July 2023 (for October 2023 start) or 13 October 2023 (for January 2024 start) and met the academic conditions of entry, will be considered for these scholarships.
- ◼ Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Essex scholarships.
- ◼ This scholarship is available for the first year of Masters study at Essex only;
- ◼ Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
*Students receiving a repayable loan to fund their studies will be considered as self-funded.
Country Specific Requirements:
- Ghana: 2:1, or CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- Nigeria: CGPA 3/5 or above
- Other member states of the African Union: 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
10 Most Prestigious Scholarships for International Students
How to Find Visa Sponsorship Jobs: A Comprehensive Guide
How to Future-Proof Your Career: 10 In-Demand Skills for 2023 and Beyond
How-to-Apply: It is required that you apply for admission to study at the University of Essex and if you meet the eligibility stated above, you will be automatically considered for the scholarship. You don’t need to complete an application form.
Your eligibility will be assessed based on the academic transcripts and certificates that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.
Application Deadline: September (Annually)
Visit the Official Website for Further Details