The Swedish Government through the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs offers SI Scholarship for Globoutal Professionals to interested and motivated students to apply for Masters studies beginning in the autumn semester.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and to sustainable development.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs and SI, Sweden
Host Institution(s): Swedish Institute, Sweden
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs SI Scholarship | DETAILS
The scholarship is intended for full-time, one- or two-year master’s programme, and is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The Swedish Institute open the call for applications once every year for master’s studies beginning in the autumn semester.
The applicants should have a clear idea of how their education will contribute to the sustainable development of their home countries and regions. In 2023 the Swedish Institute will grant about 250 scholarships for master’s degree studies in Sweden.
To be eligible for SI Scholarship for Global Professionals, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be a citizen of one of our 41 eligible countries
- Applicants must have sufficient documented proof of work and leadership experience
- Applicants must also follow the application steps for University Admission and be admitted to one of the master’s programmes on time.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Full tuition fee coverage. The fee is paid directly by SI to your Swedish university in the beginning of each semester.
- A monthly payment of SEK 11,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Travel Grant. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- For scholars from Bangladesh, Bolivia; Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia or Zimbabwe – the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period.
- For scholars from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine, the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 11,000 for the entire study period.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Professionals (NFGP) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development.
How-to-Apply: Apply for up to four eligible master’s programmes at universityadmissions.se. Once you have submitted your application for master’s programme(s) at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits.
Save the number as you will need it when applying to the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals. Your application will be disqualified if you type in the wrong number in the online application form
A complete application consists of:
- CV (we only accept the SI-template)
- Letters of reference (we only accept the SI-template)
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience (we only accept the SI-template)
- Copy of your valid passport/National ID card
- Motivation (will be asked of you in the application portal)
Application Deadline: February 28, 2023
Visit the Official Website for Further Details