The Japanese government, in partnership with the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation, is offering scholarships for foreign students who want to pursue Master’s or Doctoral degree programs starting in the academic year 2023-2024. The scholarship program is aimed at supporting international students in their academic pursuits in Japan and strengthening cultural exchange between Japan and other countries.
The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation was established in 1983 by the Honjo family to commemorate the late Mr. and Mrs. Honjo, who were dedicated to promoting international goodwill and friendship. The foundation provides scholarships to international students who demonstrate academic excellence, a strong commitment to their studies, and a desire to contribute to society.
The scholarship is open to students from all countries, except Japan, who wish to pursue a Master’s or Doctoral degree program in Japan. The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, and travel expenses to and from Japan. The scholarship is awarded for a maximum of two years for Master’s degree students and three years for Doctoral degree students.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and must have been accepted into a Master’s or Doctoral degree program at a Japanese university. Applicants must also demonstrate a good command of English or Japanese, depending on the language of instruction of their chosen program.
The application process for the scholarship program is highly competitive, and applicants are assessed based on their academic achievements, research proposal, and personal statement. Shortlisted applicants may be invited for an interview with the selection committee before the final decision is made.
The scholarship program is an excellent opportunity for international students who wish to study in Japan and gain a deeper understanding of Japanese culture and society. Japan is renowned for its world-class universities, cutting-edge research facilities, and vibrant cultural scene, making it an ideal destination for ambitious students who seek to broaden their horizons.
In conclusion, the Japanese government and the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation are committed to supporting international students who wish to pursue their academic dreams in Japan. The scholarship program provides financial assistance, cultural exchange opportunities, and academic support to help students achieve their full potential. If you are an aspiring student, this is a chance for you to take your career to the next level and explore the rich and diverse culture of Japan.
This scholarship is open to foreign students who study or plan to study in a Japanese graduate school for a doctoral or master’s degree. Applications can be submitted from abroad if applicants are accepted to a Japanese graduate school.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Japanese Government
Host Institution(s): Japanese graduate school for a doctoral or master’s degree
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Master’s or Doctoral degree
Nationality: International Students
Scholarship for Foreign Students by Japanese Government | DETAILS
The scholarship will be provided monthly throughout the minimum period required to acquire the degree. The amount of scholarship depends on differs based on the period as below:
¥210,000 per month for 1 ~ 2 years degree
¥190,000 per month for 3 years degree
¥160,000 per month for 4 ~ 5 years of degree
All nationalities and research fields are welcome. Applicants may directly apply to the foundation without pre-selection by the university.
To be eligible for Scholarship for Foreign Students by Japanese Government, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international student who does not possess Japanese citizenship
- Applicants enrolling in a professional graduate school is not eligible to apply. However, the student who can submit a research plan is eligible to apply
- The enrolment duration until graduation must be longer than 12 months.
- To be eligible, the student applying for the PhD program must start the PhD course by the age of 35. The student applying for the master’s program must start the master course by the age of 30 (No exception)
- The student must have a strong will to serve in their home country as a future career plan
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member
- The student must be able to carry a basic conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese (No exception)
- The student must be enrolled as of September or October 2023 or currently applying for the academic course starting from September or October 2023 at a graduate school in Japan. Those who are already enrolled and those who are not enrolled yet (including people who are currently employed with jobs at the time of applying for the program) are both eligible to apply for this scholarship if you are going to be enrolled in September or October 2023. Those who are going to enter graduate schools in spring 2024 should apply for the 2024 program which starts accepting applications from September 1 to October 31, 2023 (scheduled).
Unilever Future Leaders Programme for Young Graduates 2023
Unilever Future Leaders Programme for Young Graduates 2023
Job Vacancies @ Leadway Assurance Company Limited – 5 Positions
How-to-Apply: Applicants should enter the “Online application system” and then complete all the necessary information. Upload the required digital files and documents as followings. “Online application system” https://entry.hisf.or.jp.
When you have completed the application procedure, an application number will be issued. The application numbers of the successful students will be announced on our website, so please make sure to save the number you received.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2023
Visit the Official Website for Further Details