The Japanese Government in collaboration with Honjo International Scholarship Foundation is offering Scholarship for Foreign Studentswho wish to enrol for Master’s or Doctoral degree program commencing for 2023 -2024 academic session.
The Japanese government, in partnership with the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation, has announced a scholarship program for foreign students interested in pursuing a Master’s or Doctoral degree.
This scholarship program is designed to provide financial assistance to foreign students who wish to study in Japan and contribute to the country’s development through their academic pursuits. The program aims to promote mutual understanding and cultural exchange between Japan and other countries.
The scholarship program will cover tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs for the selected students. The scholarship amount will depend on the student’s academic performance, financial need, and other factors.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be foreign nationals who have completed their undergraduate studies and plan to enroll in a Master’s or Doctoral degree program in Japan from April 2023. The applicants must have a strong academic background and a good command of the English or Japanese language.
Applicants will be evaluated based on their academic performance, research proposal, and letters of recommendation. The selected students will be informed by March 2023.
The scholarship program is a great opportunity for foreign students to study in Japan, a country known for its advanced technology, rich culture, and high-quality education. It will provide them with the necessary resources to pursue their academic goals and contribute to the development of their home countries.
In conclusion, the Japanese government’s scholarship program, in collaboration with the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation, is a great opportunity for foreign students to pursue higher education in Japan. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply and take advantage of this opportunity to advance their academic careers and contribute to global development.
This scholarship is open to foreign students who study or plan to study in a Japanese graduate school for a doctoral or master’s degree. Applications can be submitted from abroad if applicants are accepted to a Japanese graduate school.
Host Institution(s): Japanese graduate school for a doctoral or master’s degree
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Master’s or Doctoral degree
Nationality: International Students
The scholarship will be provided monthly throughout the minimum period required to acquire the degree. The amount of scholarship depends on differs based on the period as below:
¥210,000 per month for 1 ~ 2 years degree
¥190,000 per month for 3 years degree
¥160,000 per month for 4 ~ 5 years of degree
All nationalities and research fields are welcome. Applicants may directly apply to the foundation without pre-selection by the university.
To be eligible for Scholarship for Foreign Students by Japanese Government, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international student who does not possess Japanese citizenship
- Applicants enrolling in a professional graduate school is not eligible to apply. However, the student who can submit a research plan is eligible to apply
- The enrolment duration until graduation must be longer than 12 months.
- To be eligible, the student applying for the PhD program must start the PhD course by the age of 35. The student applying for the master’s program must start the master course by the age of 30 (No exception)
- The student must have a strong will to serve in their home country as a future career plan
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member
- The student must be able to carry a basic conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese (No exception)
- The student must be enrolled as of September or October 2023 or currently applying for the academic course starting from September or October 2023 at a graduate school in Japan. Those who are already enrolled and those who are not enrolled yet (including people who are currently employed with jobs at the time of applying for the program) are both eligible to apply for this scholarship if you are going to be enrolled in September or October 2023. Those who are going to enter graduate schools in spring 2024 should apply for the 2024 program which starts accepting applications from September 1 to October 31, 2023 (scheduled).
VIDEO: Nuhu Dan Hausa – Ga Do Do Yadawo KwanKwaso
VIDEO: Nuhu Dan Hausa – Ga Do Do Yadawo KwanKwaso
How to Apply
Applicants should enter the “Online application system” and then complete all the necessary information. Upload the required digital files and documents as followings. “Online application system” https://entry.hisf.or.jp.
When you have completed the application procedure, an application number will be issued. The application numbers of the successful students will be announced on our website, so please make sure to save the number you received.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2023