Rivers State Universal Basic Education Board in Pursuant to the approval of a Smart School for Rivers State by the Federal Government, and the subsequent approval for staffing of the school by the Government of Rivers State, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below in the Junior Secondary, Primary, and Early Child Care Development Education (ECCDE) sections of the Rivers State Smart School:
The Rivers State Universal Basic Education Board (UBEB) has announced the opening of applications for teaching positions in the newly approved Smart School for Rivers State. This move comes following the approval of the Smart School by the Federal Government and the subsequent approval for staffing by the Government of Rivers State.
The Smart School initiative is a flagship program of the Federal Government aimed at transforming the country’s education system into a digital one, with a focus on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education. The Smart School will leverage technology to enhance teaching and learning processes and equip students with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the 21st-century workforce.
To be eligible for these teaching positions, applicants must hold relevant qualifications in education and have a passion for teaching. The positions are open to candidates with experience in teaching Junior Secondary, Primary, and Early Child Care Development Education (ECCDE) sections.
Successful candidates will be responsible for delivering high-quality instruction using innovative teaching techniques, promoting student engagement and participation, and creating a conducive learning environment. They will also be expected to demonstrate proficiency in the use of technology and be willing to adapt to new teaching methods and tools.
The Rivers State UBEB is committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from women and other underrepresented groups.
Interested applicants should submit their applications, including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and copies of relevant academic certificates, to the UBEB office. The deadline for submission of applications is two weeks from the date of this announcement.
In conclusion, the opening of applications for teaching positions in the Rivers State Smart School presents an exciting opportunity for qualified and passionate educators to contribute to the transformation of Nigeria’s education system. The Smart School initiative is a step in the right direction towards equipping students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in a rapidly evolving world.
Job Title: Teacher
- Candidates shall possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a Post- Graduate Diploma in Education, in addition to a Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree. In the case of persons to be deployed to the Early Child Care Development Education (ECCDE) Section, a Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with specialization in ECCDE may be accepted.
- Candidates shall be no less than 18 years and no more than 40 years old at the time of application.
- Candidates shall have demonstrable skill in the use of Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Connecting Devices, and the Internet.
- A teaching Iicense certified by the Teachers’ Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) shall be an added advantage
- Prior working experience in a Smart School shall be an added advantage.
- Candidates shall demonstrate capacity for written and spoken communication in English
Recruitment Job @ First Bank of Nigeria Limited – 5 Positions
Great shortfall of China: Australia’s biggest tourism market returns with a whimper
FTSE 100 gains on commodity stocks boost; Network International soars
Application Closing Date
19th April, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Candidates should send (Attach) the following document:
- Application Letter, typewritten and signed by the applicant
- Recent colour passport photograph (not older than six months) on a white background.
- Birth certificate or affidavit of birth (recently sworn age declarations are liable to be rejected).
- ALL educational certificates from First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC), and Senior School Certificate to highest degree attained by candidate.
- Professional licenses and certifications like TRCN.
- Local Government Identification Certificate
- NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate, where applicable.
- Detailed curriculum vitae with the names, designations, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three referees.
- Recruitment of candidates shall be through computer based test and interview to determine competence in psychosocial, and organizational skills.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted by email