Heriot-Watt University is currently inviting applications from suitably qualified postgraduate students from southern Africa to enroll for the Denis Goldberg Scholarship Program. This program is aimed to support South Africans who experienced setback towards their educational pursuit.
The scholarships is for 35 postgraduate students across Southern Africa over 3 years to access life changing education at Heriot-Watt. Each 3-year scholarship is £12,000.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Heriot-Watt University, UK
Scholarship Type: Academic Award
Host Institution(s): Heriot-Watt University, UK
Scholarship Worth: Each 3-year scholarship is £12,000
Number of Awards: 35 postgraduate students across Southern Africa
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: South Africa
Study Abroad: 6 Important Documents African Students Require to Study in Canada
USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2023
Albrecht Mendelssohn Bartholdy Graduate School of Law Scholarship for International Students 2023
Heriot-Watt University Denis Goldberg Scholarship | Details
The Denis Goldberg Scholarship Program aims to increase the enrolment and retention of Southern African students on Heriot-Watt’s Energy, Geoscience, Infrastructure and Society postgraduate courses by:
- Establishing a pioneering program of scholarships for up to 35 students targeted to study areas across EGIS,
- Providing an opportunity of mentoring and networking through Heriot-Watt alumni and strong industry partnerships across Southern African and beyond,
- Working with local stakeholders in Southern Africa to establish connections into local communities,
- Eventually expanding the scholarship programme to engage with other schools across Heriot-Watt to bring a wider range of courses to the scholarship programme.
The Denis Goldberg Scholarship Program will support disadvantaged postgraduate students from across Southern Africa to take up courses in their school of Energy, Geoscience, Infrastructure and Society (EGIS), and progress onto rewarding careers and leaderships roles in the energy industry in Southern Africa.
To be eligible for Heriot-Watt University Denis Goldberg Scholarship Program, you are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be a South African
- Applicants must be a postgraduate students
- Applicants must enrol in a full-time degree program
- Applicants must have a bachelors degree certificate or equivalents
How-to-Apply: To apply for Heriot-Watt University Denis Goldberg Scholarship Program, applicants are advised to submit application through online on the official webpage.
Each scholarship will give students access to the complete educational opportunities of their online MSc programmes and be connected to in-country professional support networks and research projects.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
Visit the Official Website for Further Details