The German Chancellor Fellowship 2023 is now open for applications, and if you see yourself as a potential leader of tomorrow, this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. Hosted by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, this prestigious fellowship is designed to provide young professionals with the skills and experience they need to become effective leaders in their respective fields.
If you are a graduate with initial leadership experience, the German Chancellor Fellowship 2023 may be the perfect fit for you. Whether you are interested in politics, business, academia, or the nonprofit sector, this fellowship can help you develop the skills and expertise you need to make a positive impact on the world.
One of the key benefits of the German Chancellor Fellowship is the opportunity to spend a year in Germany, working on a project of your choice. This project can be in any field, as long as it is relevant to your career goals and has a positive impact on society. During your time in Germany, you will have access to resources and support from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, as well as the opportunity to network with other fellows and professionals in your field.
In addition to the project work, the German Chancellor Fellowship also includes a range of professional development opportunities, including seminars, workshops, and networking events. These events are designed to help you develop your leadership skills, broaden your knowledge of your field, and connect with other professionals who share your interests and goals.
To apply for the German Chancellor Fellowship 2023, you will need to submit a detailed project proposal, outlining your goals, methodology, and expected outcomes. You will also need to provide a CV, three letters of recommendation, and proof of English or German language proficiency. The application deadline is September 30, 2022.
If you are selected for the German Chancellor Fellowship, you will receive a monthly stipend of €2,150, as well as travel expenses and other benefits. You will also have the opportunity to participate in a variety of cultural and social activities, including language courses, cultural events, and excursions to other parts of Germany.
Overall, the German Chancellor Fellowship 2023 is an excellent opportunity for young professionals who are passionate about leadership and making a positive impact on the world. If you are interested in applying, be sure to submit your application before the deadline and take advantage of this exciting opportunity to develop your skills, expand your network, and make a difference in your field.
The fellowship programme is under the patronage of the Federal Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany. Up to 60 German Chancellor Fellowships are awarded each year – up to ten per country.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): German Chancellor
Host Institution(s): Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: All study levels
Duration: 12 months
Nationality: See Eligibility Criteria (below)
German Chancellor Fellowship 2023 | DETAILS
If you are interested in actively participating in an international network of dedicated leaders, then come to Germany with a German Chancellor Fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation to take the next step of your career. The fellowship will allow the successful fellow to implement a self-chosen project that supports their career development.
To be eligible for the German Chancellor Fellowship 2023, applicants must ensure to meet the following requirements:
- Work in a field such as politics, business, media, administration, society or culture and have demonstrable initial leadership experience
- Have completed your first academic degree (Bachelor or comparable degree) no more than twelve years ago. The key date for calculating this twelve-year period is 1 October of the year in which the selection is
- Want to conduct an independently developed project with a host of your choice in Germany
- have good knowledge of English and/or German
- Hold Brazilian, Chinese, Indian, Russian, South African or American citizenship
Top Canadian Scholarships for Nigerian Students 2023
Scotiabank and the Scotiabank Bursaries at George Brown College 2023
SOKA University of America Grants and Scholarships for International Students 2023
- Monthly fellowship grant of 2,000 euros, 2,300 euros or 2,600 euros – depending on your training and career level.
- Intensive language course before commencement of fellowship and funding for German courses during your fellowship,
- Individual support during stay in Germany.
- Additional financial support, e.g. for accompanying family members, for travel expenses, for full private health insurance or for an additional German language course.
- Joint events where you experience professional and personal intercultural exchange with other fellows from your year group and gain insights into German culture and society.
- Networking activities that enable the fellow to collaborate in peer groups and independently organise smaller network formats with other fellows.
- A two-week study tour through Germany as well as a number of events where you can connect with other fellows and meet representatives of German businesses and institutions.
- Extensive alumni sponsorship, in particular to support long-term connections with your cooperation partners in Germany over the duration of your entire professional career.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the German Chancellor Fellowships 2023 are to apply online and ensure to submit the following required documents:
- Letter of motivation: Explain what leadership experience you already have, your drive and what your career goals are.
- Project plan: Outline the project you have developed yourself and agreed with your intended host prior to applying.
- Extensive statement including mentoring agreement from your host in Germany
- Two letters of recommendation (not more than 12 months old) from individuals who can provide information on your professional, personal and/or academic background
Applicants are to note that the online application form contains links where the letters of recommendation and statements can be uploaded. Please forward these links to the relevant individuals as soon as possible. Applicants will be sent a confirmation e-mail as soon as all their required documents are received.
Application Deadline: 15 October 2023
Visit the Official Website for Further Details