Are you a citizen of a Commonwealth country looking forward to enroll in Master’s programme in a UK university while remaining in their home country? Then apply for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Master’s Scholarships 2023/24.
The Commonwealth Distance Learning Programme is one of three Master’s programmes offered by the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission. This Commission provides the UK government scholarship scheme led by international development objectives.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): UK Government
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Universities in the UK
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Nationality: Commonwealth Countries
Commonwealth Distance Learning Master’s Scholarships | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Master’s Scholarships 2023/24, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
- Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship.
- Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cameroon, Dominica, Eswatini, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Togo, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023/24 are to apply and secure admission to study an approved Master’s course at a participating UK university in addition to applying for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship via the CSC’s online application system.
To complete the application form, applicants will be asked to:
- List all undergraduate and postgraduate university qualifications obtained
- List up to 10 publications and prizes
- Provide details of their employment history and explain how each job is relevant to the programme to be undertaken
- Provide a statement on the relevance of their previous work experience to the proposed Scholarship
- List names and positions of two referees who are qualified to comment on both the candidate’s capacity to benefit from the proposed Scholarship in the UK and their ability to deliver development impact afterwards. One referee must be a current employer (if applicable)
- Provide a Development Impact statement in 4 parts.
Application Deadline: 28th March 2023 at 16:00 (GMT)